“Reasons” I gave myself to NOT start this blog + why I did anyways!
1. I’ve never blogged and created a following so no one will even see it.
(You HAVE to start somewhere, that is not a valid reason.)
2. I don’t want to start something and not finish it, I will only let myself down if I don’t succeed.
(Mistakes are proof that you are TRYING and doing something bigger than yourself. There is never any fault in that.)
3. My writing isn’t as good as family/friends tell me that it is. They’re just being kind!
(Even if it ISN’T as good as I want to believe it is- You only improve by continuing to write, write, write. It doesn’t take a published author to reach people and encourage and inspire.)
4. I am fearful that people who I already know me will view me differently once they know so much more about my past.
(We ALL need to be more open to learning about each other- the good, bad, and the ugly. That is one of the reasons I wanted to create this blog in the first place. How well can we really LOVE & SUPPORT each other when we don’t really know each other?)
5. I should be investing my time in something that will SELL and make money.
(I am not shallow- one bit. In fact my family and friends will tell you that I am one frugal lady. I cut/color my own hair, DIY everything I possibly can, and I am happy to live with less as long as I am surrounded by the people I love. Being financially secure is important, but so is being spiritually secure. This project means the world to me- money can’t buy passion.)
HAVE A LITTLE FAITH IN YOURSELF. YOU ARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE CAPABLE OF- AND WHY WOULDN’T YOU BE CAPABLE OF ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING? WHAT DREAMS HAVE YOU SET ASIDE? I DARE YOU TO START THEM. I WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH YOU ON THE JOURNEY.